Complete List of Skills:
- Web design and front-end web development
Operating Systems:Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X
Content Management Systems:Wordpress, Ion/Liveball, Microsoft Sharepoint, DotNetNuke
- Also proficient with Facebook API, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects CS3, Photoshop CS3, Dreamweaver CS3, Fireworks and Illustrator. Some experience with Python, ASP, ASP.NET, XSLT, InDesign CS3, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sharepoint Designer and Visual Studio 2008.
ESPN, Bristol, Connecticut:
- Flash and Flex development for WatchESPN Product Development Team (including some mobile development for Android with Adobe AIR).
Sherwin-Williams, Cleveland, Ohio:
Web Maintenance Contractor
- Contract web maintenance contractor for Sherwin-Williams.
American Greetings Interactive, Brooklyn, Ohio:
Contract Web and Flash Developer / Video Editor
- Contract full-time consultant, specializing in front-end web development and design.
- Development of Flash videos, banners and widgets for Marketing landing pages
- Video editing and motion animation using Adobe After Effects CS3
- Other tasks include email HTML/CSS coding using ExactTarget, updates through proprietary AG systems, uploads and source control management through Subversion - among other tasks
- Accomplishments include the utilization of streaming video for e-card previews on Marketing landing pages (with a resulting large increase in conversion rates); the creation of seasonal banner advertisements for Thanksgiving, Halloween, Hannukah and more across multiple brands; coding of user-editable Flash widgets and image rotators that interact with the Ion/Liveball content management system; the submission of multiple projects to the project management office; and the timely integration of custom Flash content created by outside vendors into Ion/Liveball.
Community Health Partners Regional Foundation, Lorain, Ohio:
Freelance Web Designer / Developer
- Hired to create website HotRodRaffle.org for a charity car raffle hosted by local non-profit group
- Wordpress site utilizing XHMTL/CSS, jQuery animation, self-updating sitemap and navigation bars, and custom Paypal integration
- Design based on pre-existing marketing materials
- Site was completed as per client specifications. Site is no longer online; client decided to abandon the project in August 2010 of their own accord. See Portfolio section for screnshots.
Perception Multimedia, Middleburg Heights, Ohio:
Freelance Front-End Web Developer / Designer
- Freelance job. Brought in to develop web site from a provided design. Also developed a custom Flash video rotator for the front page.
- Technologies: XHTML, CSS, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), W3C Standards, Flash CS3, ActionScript 3.0, Photoshop CS4
CherishMemories.net, Cleveland, Ohio:
Freelance Web Developer / Designer
- Created a customized E-Commerce/Wordpress site for a private client interested in creating a website to host online memorials for deceased love ones. Developed in PHP/mySQL custom plugins that allowed the site to process online memorial pages, take payments for memorial hosting and allow the creation of templates for different memorials.
- Integration of Paypal into website; used Paypal's IPN features to save information into a viewable database for easy monitoring of transactions.
- Use of Google AdSense for tasteful online advertising / additional source of revenue
- Partially responsible for site design; augmented and developed some samples provided by a graphic designer to create a custom Wordpress theme.
- Developed administration plugins to ease tasks of site management, including monitoring and access to memorial and payment databases, setting of hosting prices, and more.
- Technologies: XHTML, CSS, PHP, mySQL, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), W3C Standards, Wordpress, Paypal, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Photoshop CS4
LoopScreen, North Ridgeville, Ohio:
Web Designer / Front-End Web Developer
- As part-time consultant. Web design, search engine optimization and front-end web development for Ohio-based social networking startup.
- Technologies: XHTML, CSS, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), PHP, W3C Standards, Photoshop CS4
Data Recovery Corporation, Cleveland, Ohio:
SEO / Front-End Web Developer
- As part-time consultant. Worked on web design, search engine optimization and content writing for Cleveland-based business specializing in data and hard drive recovery.
- Interfaced PHP-based forms and scripts with existing ASP.NET backend via HTTP submissions compiled through the PHP cURL library.
- Set up new sites on an Apache web server by modifying configuration files.
- Technologies: XHTML, CSS, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), PHP, Apache.
Nice Multimedia, Rocky River, Ohio:
- As a part-time consultant through the Creative Group, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Initially brought on to develop scripts in AS3 and AS2 for an online advertisement project. Designed and programmed a small “game” into the ad, as per specifications. Researched and implemented Google AdWords and MySpace advertising standards.
- Have since worked on modifying, correcting and testing a Flash/AS2 rich Internet application with ASP.NET and XML components. Coordinated with an onsite .NET developer in tweaking and testing all components of the application to client specifications. Decoded extremely complex XML system in order to ensure proper communication between the application and the server.
- Technologies: Flash CS3, ActionScript 3.0, ActionScript 2.0, XML.
SCK Design, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio:
Front-End Web Developer
- Developed, coded and tested XHTML/CSS pages based on designs created by another department.
- Developed DotNetNuke skins, Sharepoint master pages and custom Wordpress themes to exact design specifications.
- Created a Flash CS3/ActionScript 3.0 “plugin” application for DotNetNuke that allowed the CMS to communicate and transmit image data to a Flash image gallery via XML/XSLT.
- Edited and modified Wordpress administrative dashboard to client specifications.
- Developed and tested custom Wordpress plugins.
- Modified and tested ASP.NET templates used by DotNetNuke modules.
- Other tasks included maintenance and updating of legacy websites, documentation of work in a Sharepoint wiki, research on potential Sharepoint plugins and solutions, cross-browser testing on multiple platforms and content proofreading.
Internet Marketing Group, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio:
Contract Front-End Web Developer/Web Designer
- As a full-time contractor through the Creative Group, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Initially hired as a quality assurance (QA) coder, involved in reformatting and simplifying XHTML/HTML content being moved between content management systems to W3C Standards.
- After roughly a month, was promoted to working with the Design Manager on the total design for the new Cleveland Clinic website. Created XHTML/CSS templates based on provided designs; assisted in cross-browser testing and SEO optimization; introduced to Sharepoint branding and basic design concepts.
- Technologies: XHTML, CSS, W3C Standards, Search Engine Optimization, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks.
Captain Action Enterprises, Hawthorne, New Jersey:
- As a freelance web designer, created new website for a New Jersey-based marketing company focusing on a 1960’s superhero property.
- Developed and tested a custom Wordpress theme for a blog section of the site.
- Was later called in again to secure site and Wordpress install against a cross-site scripting attack.
- Other tasks included cross-browser testing, some Flash animations, and creation and optimization of graphics using Photoshop.
Office of Civic Education Initiatives, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH:
Junior Web Design Consultant
- Revised Internships section of Cleveland Clinic nonprofit arm as a consultant.