Kenyon College – Gambier, Ohio, USA
Bachelor of Arts in English
August 2002 to May 2006
- Concentration in Creative Writing
- Graduated cum laude
- Courses taken include: Acting and Directing for the Camera, Documentary Video Production, and Independent Study in Screenplay Writing.
- While at Kenyon, wrote, directed and edited "The Wings of Angels," a forty-five minute short film. Involved coordinating the efforts of seventy-one individuals in total.
- Founded and was first President of Ascension Films, the only student filmmaking group at Kenyon. Organized a juried student film festival in December 2004.
Lake Ridge Academy – North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA
August 1992 to June 2002
- Attended academically rigorous private high school in Northeast Ohio.
Downtown Community Television – New York City, New York, USA
October 2006 to April 2002
- Took multiple Continuing Education courses through filmmaker's cooperative in New York City.
- Courses included: Lighting 101, Audio 101, Producing Fundamentals and Introduction to Adobe After Effects.
Cleveland State University – Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Certificate in Applied Web Design
August 2007 to June 2009
- Courses included Flash Video Development and Flash ActionScript.
Cuyahoga Community College – Cleveland, Ohio, USA
May 2008 to August 2009
- Courses completed include: Introduction to Business, Fundamentals of Design and Layout and Fundamentals of Interpersonal Communication.
- Courses completed include: Introduction to Business, Introduction to DV and Digital Filmmaking, and Digital Cinematography.
- Courses completed include: Introduction to Business and Fundamentals of Interpersonal Communication.
- One year’s experience in the New York City film industry as an intern, production assistant and assistant editor.
- Designed and self-published an e-book in June 2008 using Adobe inDesign.
- Winner of the 2002 Young Playwrights, Inc. contest, a national competition for high-school-aged playwrights.