My skills include:
- Front-end web development
- Mobile and software development
- Familiar with the APIs of ESPN, Facebook, and Paypal
- Also proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Apple Final Cut Pro, Charles Web Proxy, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Sublime Text 2.
Contract Full-Stack Web Developer
Robert Half Technologies, Cleveland, OH
June 2016 to Present
- Currently working for a manufacturer of RV windshields, developing a custom web application for their distributors.
- Upgraded an existing inventory tool that allows authorized users to look up product information by part number or by make and model of vehicle.
- Created a list of a given distributor's open orders and shipments, organized and searchable by date range or PO number.
- Backend is coded in PHP, with the majority of business logic contained within SQL Server stored procedures.
Web Application / Game Developer
Theater Ninjas, Cleveland, OH
April 2016 to May 2016
- Developed a multiplayer narrative web game for a local independent theater company.
- Back-end development with Node.js, Express, Mongoose ORM for MongoDB, Handlebars, Passport, and Grunt.
- Hosted by the Heroku Cloud Application Platform.
Hyland Software, Inc., Westlake, OH, USA
October 2014 to October 2015
- Full-stack web application developer working on the team developing new features for the OnBase Community website (a technical support site based on the Telligent Community framework).
- Back-end development with C#, MSSQL, Entity Framework and Apache SOLR (including unit testing with NUnit).
- Development utilities and deployment scripts using Node.js and Grunt (including unit testing with Jasmine).
- Source control with Git.
Project Software Engineer II
ESPN, Bristol, Connecticut, USA
February 2011 to February 2014
- Extensive work with Flash, Flex, Actionscript 3, Flash Builder and Adobe AIR for Mobile as part of the WatchESPN Product Development Team.
- Collaborated on the main video player at WatchESPN.com, a Flash web application used by an average of 2 million viewers each month. Project involved streaming video with the Open Source Media Framework (OSMF), video ad integration, analytics through multiple third-party libraries (including Omniture and Nielsen), PureMVC, custom Flex components and skins, Flex modules, authentication and authorization (AuthN/AuthZ) mechanisms, and more.
- Heavily involved in development and maintenance of the official WatchESPN Android application. Successfully spearheaded the integration of the Adobe Pass library. Project involved Adobe AIR, streaming video, custom AIR Native Extensions, Apache Ant, RSA public/private keys, and some Java development.
- Other tasks included the management, development and deployment of several Flash-based internal tool applications; testing with Wireshark and Charles Web Debugging Proxy; mobile app QA across multiple Android platforms; the creation of XML-based feeds using the proprietary Disney templating language Tea and Apache SOLR; and researching and evaluating several new technologies and libraries (including Flex modules and PureMVC Pipes) for the team.
- Became primary developer for the XGames mobile application for iOS and Android. Project involved Adobe AIR, the Swiz framework, AIR Native Extensions, Apple provisioning certificates, and some Objective-C and Java development.
- Version control with Git and Perforce.
- Some server-side development with Java, the Spring framework, Hibernate, and Apache Maven.
Web Maintenance Contractor
Sherwin-Williams, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
November 2010 to January 2011
Contract Web and Flash Developer
American Greetings Interactive, Brooklyn, Ohio, USA
September 2009 to September 2010
- Contract full-time consultant, specializing in front-end web development and design.
- Development of Flash videos, banners and widgets for Marketing landing pages
- Video editing and motion animation using Adobe After Effects CS3
- Other tasks included email HTML/CSS coding using ExactTarget, updates through proprietary AG systems, uploads and source control management through Subversion
- utilized streaming video for e-card previews on Marketing landing pages (with a resulting large increase in conversion rates)
- created seasonal banner advertisements for Thanksgiving, Halloween, Hannukah and more across multiple brands
- coded user-editable Flash widgets and image rotators that interact with the Ion/Liveball content management system
- the submission of multiple projects to the project management office
- timely integration of custom Flash content created by outside vendors into Ion/Liveball
Freelance Web Developer / Designer
Community Health Partners Regional Foundation, Lorain, Ohio, USA
March 2010 to June 2010
- Hired to create website HotRodRaffle.org for a charity car raffle hosted by local non-profit group
- Wordpress site utilizing XHMTL/CSS, jQuery animation, self-updating sitemap and navigation bars, and custom Paypal integration
- Design based on pre-existing marketing materials
- Site was completed as per client specifications. Site is no longer online; client decided to abandon the project in August 2010 of their own accord. See Portfolio section for screenshots.
Freelance Front-End Web Developer / Designer
Perception Multimedia, Middleburg Heights, Ohio, USA
Technologies: HTML/XHTML, CSS, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), W3C Standards, Flash, ActionScript 3, Photoshop CS4
Freelance Web Developer / Designer
CherishMemories.net, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
August 2009 to November 2009
- Created a customized E-Commerce/Wordpress site for a private client interested in creating a website to host online memorials for deceased love ones. Developed in PHP/mySQL custom plugins that allowed the site to process online memorial pages, take payments for memorial hosting and allow the creation of templates for different memorials.
- Integration of Paypal into website; used Paypal's IPN features to save information into a viewable database for easy monitoring of transactions.
- Use of Google AdSense for tasteful online advertising / additional source of revenue.
- Partially responsible for site design; augmented and developed some samples provided by a graphic designer to create a custom Wordpress theme.
- Developed administration plugins to ease tasks of site management, including monitoring and access to memorial and payment databases, setting of hosting prices, and more.
Technologies: HTML/XHTML, CSS, PHP, mySQL, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), W3C Standards, Wordpress, Paypal, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Photoshop CS4
Web Designer / Front-End Web Developer
LoopScreen, North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA
July 2009 to August 2009
Technologies: HTML/XHTML, CSS, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), PHP, W3C Standards, Photoshop CS4
SEO / Front-End Web Developer
Data Recovery Corporation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- As part-time consultant. Worked on web design, search engine optimization and content writing for Cleveland-based business specializing in data and hard drive recovery.
- Interfaced PHP-based forms and scripts with existing ASP.NET backend via HTTP submissions compiled through the PHP cURL library.
- Set up new sites on an Apache web server by modifying configuration files.
Technologies: XHTML, CSS, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), PHP, Apache
Nice Multimedia, Rocky River, Ohio, USA
February 2009 to June 2009
- As a part-time consultant through the Creative Group.
- Initially brought on to develop scripts in AS3 and AS2 for an online advertisement project. Designed and programmed a small “game” into the ad, as per specifications. Researched and implemented Google AdWords and MySpace advertising standards.
- Have since worked on modifying, correcting and testing a Flash/AS2 rich Internet application with ASP.NET and XML components. Coordinated with an onsite .NET developer in tweaking and testing all components of the application to client specifications. Decoded extremely complex XML system in order to ensure proper communication between the application and the server.
Technologies: Flash, ActionScript 3, ActionScript 2, XML
Front-End Web Developer
SCK Design, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio, USA
July 2008 to December 2008
- Developed, coded and tested XHTML/CSS pages based on designs created by another department.
- Developed DotNetNuke skins, Sharepoint master pages and custom Wordpress themes to exact design specifications.
- Created a Flash CS3/ActionScript 3 “plugin” application for DotNetNuke that allowed the CMS to communicate and transmit image data to a Flash image gallery via XML/XSLT.
- Edited and modified Wordpress administrative dashboard to client specifications.
- Developed and tested custom Wordpress plugins.
- Modified and tested ASP.NET templates used by DotNetNuke modules.
- Other tasks included maintenance and updating of legacy websites, documentation of work in a Sharepoint wiki, research on potential Sharepoint plugins and solutions, cross-browser testing on multiple platforms and content proofreading.
Contract Front-End Web Developer/Web Designer
Cleveland Clinic Internet Marketing Group, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
January 2008 to April 2008
- As a full-time contractor through the Creative Group.
- Initially hired as a quality assurance (QA) coder, involved in reformatting and simplifying XHTML/HTML content being moved between content management systems to W3C Standards.
- After roughly a month, was promoted to working with the Design Manager on the total design for the new Cleveland Clinic website. Created XHTML/CSS templates based on provided designs; assisted in cross-browser testing and SEO optimization; introduced to Sharepoint branding and basic design concepts.
Technologies: HTML/XHTML, CSS, W3C Standards, Search Engine Optimization, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks
Web Designer and Developer
Captain Action Enterprises, Hawthorne, New Jersey, USA
October 2007 to March 2008
- As a freelance web designer, created new website for a New Jersey-based marketing company focusing on a 1960’s superhero property.
- Developed and tested a custom Wordpress theme for a blog section of the site.
- Was later called in again to secure site and Wordpress install against a cross-site scripting attack.
- Other tasks included cross-browser testing, some Flash animations, and creation and optimization of graphics using Photoshop.
Junior Web Design Consultant
Cleveland Clinic Office of Civic Education Initiatives, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
November 2007 to December 2007